The Emmy’s : Our 5 Favorite Make-up Looks
Canadian beauty, Jessica Pare, from Madmen looked absolutely stunning on the Red carpet.
Get the Look : The make-up is gorgeous and so easy to achieve. Define your eyebrows and keep to your natural shape. Gently brush the brow hairs up using a brow brush. You can also set your brows with an eyebrow gel so they stay put. The eyes are pretty bare with just a hint of shimmer on the eyelids. Use a full eyelash to add definition to the eyes. Apply your mascara at the corners of your lashes and don’t overdo it. The main focus of this look is on the lips. Use your blush sparingly and around the apples of the cheeks. You can go wild on the lips as everything else is kept at a bare minimum. Aim for a coral red shade for the lips. Last but not least, do not overdo the foundation. The skin should be kept soft and natural with a matte finish.
Product Suggestions :
- Brows : BrowZings from Benefit, and Brow Seal from Make up Forever
- Eyes : Opal Metallic Long Wear Cream eyeshadow by Bobbi Brown. #120 Demi eye lashes by Ardell
- Face : Bare Minerals loose powder Matte foundation. For the concealer, try Stila‘s Brighten & Correct Concealer
- Cheeks : Breezy blush from UNE
- Lips : Dolce & Gabbana‘s lipstick in Iconic with Laura Mercier‘s Warm Poppy Lipliner. *Apply with a lip brush for full definition
I was totally blown away by Modern Family’s, Sarah Hyland’s hair and make-up. She looked absolutely glamorous and still age appropriate at the same time. Her romantic tousled hair and soft make-up are really easy to achieve.
Get the Look : Keep your eyebrows defined as the same color as the roots of your hair. A shimmery silver based eyeshadow is teamed up with a thick eyeliner that’s lifted at the corner of the eyes. Brush a warm toned eyeshadow at the crease, to give the eyes a soft pop. Apply a full set of lashes, and brush on a couple of coats of mascara. The cheeks have a soft iridescent feel with a delicate tone of a pinky rose. Use a glossy lip color that matches the blush. The skin should be kept dewy particularly around the centre of the face and the cheeks, so use your translucent powder sparingly for this look.
Product Suggestions :
- Brows: Try the natural eyebrow pencils from Shiseido, they have a variety of shades to choose from and leave your brows with a natural and polished finish
- Eyes : Apply Silver from NYX all over the eyelids with a flat brush. Brush Saddle eyeshadow from M.A.C around the crease. Use Illamasqua’s Liquid eyeliner in Black. Cheryl Cole’s Girls Aloud Lashes is perfect for this look, as they’re longer and thicker towards the end
- Face : Giorgio Armani ‘Luminous Silk’ Foundation is an excellent option for a sheer, hydrated, dewy finish. For troubled areas, target them with Stila‘s concealer pencils
- Cheeks: Tarte‘s amazonian clay shimmering blush in Adorned is perfect for that flushed rosy look
- Lips : Brush on Lancome‘s Color Fever Lip gloss in Volcanic Pink. It looks quite shocking in the tube but actually goes on very sheer
It’s all about the eyes with this 60’s inspired look that Ginnifer Goodwin wore for the Emmy’s. The lips were kept nude and glossy, and everything else at a bare minimum.
Get the Look : Brush the eyebrows according to their natural shape, and just fill in any empty spaces. Do not fill them in completely, as the focus is kept at the eyes only. Use a nude eyeshadow all over the eyelids as a base. Apply a thick winged out eyeliner. Use a charcoal gray eyeshadow all over the crease and have it join the edge of your eyeliner. Do not over blend the charcoal grey as it’ll spread all over. You want the definition at your crease to be the strongest. You could even use a charcoal grey pencil instead, and draw it around your crease only smudging it softly. A medium think false pair of eyelashes is ideal for this 60’s inspired eye make-up. Keep your skin as natural as possible with only a hint of color on the cheeks. You can skip blush for this look and use bronzer instead. The lips are almost a soft pale glossy pink so keep away from anything that’s too pigmented.
Product Suggestions :
- Brows: Brush the brows with Art Deco‘s eye brow gel in clear
- Eyes : Apply Vanilla from M.A.C all over the eyelids with a flat brush like Laura Mercier‘s Corner Eye Colour Brush. Revlon‘s Color Stay eyeliner is great for this 60’s liner style. For the crease you can either go for Illamasqua‘s grey eyeshadow in Incubus or NYX‘s jumbo creamy eye pencil in Pots & Pans. Blend the crease with Chanel Eyeshadow Crease Brush #3. Finish the eyes off with M.A.C‘s #4 false eyelashes.
- Face : Illamasqua‘s Skinbase foundation gives the right amount of texture and coverage without being cakey.
- Cheeks : Lightly dust Revlon‘s PhotoReady Bronzer
- Lips : Since nude lip colors hardly stay on the lips, rub M.A.C‘s Cremestick liner in Sublime Culture all over the lips as a base. Top it off with Dolce & Gabbana‘s lipgloss in Caramel
Julianne Hough, two-time champion of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, had ‘old hollywood glam’ to the tee with perfectly sculpted make-up using only neutral tones to compliment her skin.
Get the Look : The eyebrows are perfectly sculpted and slightly darker than the actual hair color. Here it’s all about achieving dewy skin so prep the skin with Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil before applying the foundation. Use a neutral brown cream eyeshadow all over the lids and use a a shade that’s only a shade or two deeper all over the crease up towards the brow bone. Brush the same eyeshadow thats used on the crease on the lower part of the eye. Make sure it’s smudged all over and not overly defined. Sculpt the cheeks by focusing your blush on the apples of the cheek. The lips should be kept semi-matte in a brick toned shade.
Product Suggestions :
- Brows: Define your brows using Make Up Forever‘s eyebrow pencil
- Eyes : Use Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in Slate to give a subtle yet dazzling glow. Buck eyeshadow from the NAKED palette can be brushed from the crease outwards. Coat your lashes with Maybelline Volum’ Express Lift-Up
- Face : For a luminous and natural coverage, Laura Mercier‘s silk creme foundation is amazing. There’s no need to top it off with powder (unless if you tend go quite oily) as you’ll loose that ‘luminous’ glow
- Cheeks : Dab Tarte’s cheek stain in Loving in the hollows of her cheek and then top off the apples with Tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Exposed
- Lips : Celebrity makeup artist Molly Stern filled Hough’s lips in with Tarte’s LipSurgence matte lip tint in Exposed and then pressed Tarte’s Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour lipstick in Pure over the top
Another star from Madmen, that I thought rocked the red carpet, was January Jones. There were mixed reviews on her dramatic blue smoky eye make-up and sleeked back hair, but I thought she looked like she was right out of the runway. I guess us peeps from the Middle East, will always love a smoky eye.
Get the Look : Her eyes and brows are the focal point of this look however, keep your eyebrows as the same color as your natural hair. Don’t make your brows too dark otherwise this style of smoky eye might make you look quite stern. Use a soft shimmery eyeshadow at the corners on the eye and then sweep a navy blue-ish eyeshadow all over the lids, lash line and up higher towards your hairline. Define underneath the eyes with an angled brush. Coat the lower lashes with mascara as well. A pair of falsies will create extra drama and depth to this eye make-up look. It’s all about the eyes here so keep the skin and lips subtle and natural.
Product Suggestions :
- Brows : To create a natural brow line try Lancome‘s Sourcils Design Brow Pencil
- Eyes : Apply Chanel‘s Longwear luminous eyeshadow in Apparition all over the lids. Rim the inside of the eyes with Rimmel‘s Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in PureWhite. To keep the lashes voluminous, apply L’oreal’s Volume Million Lashes mascara to the top and bottom eyelashes
- Face : Brush on Skin Glow foundation from UNE sparingly, and top it off with Shu Uemera‘s loose powder in Translucent at the centre of the face
- Cheeks : Nars highlighting blush in Miss Liberty adds a gentle contour on the cheeks
- Lips : For a soft matte lip, Maxfactor‘s Lip Tint Pen in Berry Burst adds to the finishing touch
Hope you all enjoyed the selection of make-up styles worn on the red carpet ! Don’t be shy to experiment with them. We would love to see your version of these looks !!! 🙂
Tried and Tested
Get the scoop on getting that perfect ‘Red Carpet’ Look
Please follow and like us: