So here it is, I finally managed to get everything together and here is the breakdown for the 1st makeup look that I did for Lilly Ghalichi. I’ve had tons of requests so I’ve tried to be as detailed as possible when it comes to technique and product usage.
1. Prep & Prime the skin- I used Embryolisse Moisturiser all over to keep the skin extra smooth, and I also conditioned the lips using Vaseline. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer was used on top.
2. Hightlighting – I used Graftobian’s Hi-Def Glamour Creme Super Palette in Warm. I went almost 3 shades lighter than her actual skin tone to highlight her features. I focused on the middle of the nose, around the mouth, the under-eye area, and most importantly I used it under the cheekbone.
3. Contouring – Using the same Palette, I went at least 5/6 shades darker to contour the face. The areas on the face that were contoured were; sides of the nose, the temple, the cheeks and lower chin.
4. I used Illamasqua FDT that was just one shade darker than the actual skin tone in between the gaps of the Highlight and Contour. Using the Real Techniques Stipple brush I softly blended it out. I used 2 stipple brushes just so that I didn’t overblend the highlight and contour. I used one stipple brush to blend the highlight into the skin, and a 2nd one to blend in the contour.
5. Setting the powder – I used Inglot’s Translucent Loose Powder #217 underneath the eyes and on all highlighted areas of the face, and I left it on the face to set for a few minutes. I then took a damp Beauty Sponge and softly pushed the loose powder into the skin in a tap motion. I also used Inglot’s High Def Loose Powder in #45 around the sides of the face and cheeks.
6. Bringing out the Contour – I love the shade of Inglot’s Pressed Powder in #60 and used that to go over on all the areas I contoured on with Real Techniques Setting Brush.
7. Eyebrows – Using a Large Angled eye brow Brush I filled in the eyebrows using 2 shades of MUFE Aqua Brow in Light Brown and Dark Brown.
8. Eyes – Inglot’s Eye Makeup Base in #01 was used all over the eyes. The Pearly Champagne colour all over the eyelid was Inglot’s Loose pigment in #39 applied with a flat #242 MAC brush. The crease was defined using Saddle from MAC. Underneath the eye, I used MAC’s Dipdown Gel eyeliner and smudged it with Inglot’s eyeshadow in # 376. was used inside the eyes.
9. Lashes – Lilly’s look is ALLLLLLL about the lashes and contouring. Her eye makeup look barely took 15mins to work on. I spent time layering lashes. We used her set of Lilly Lashes on the actual day, but I also mixed in Red Cherry Lashes. So here for the Tutorial, I used RED Cherry lashes in #213, #523 and I filled the gaps with Medium Individual lashes. I used MAX Factor’s False effect mascara just underneath the lashes to bind them together. Do not overcoat the lashes with mascara otherwise it will look too clumpy.
10. Lips – I didn’t use a lip liner, instead I mixed Inglot’s Lipstick in #61 with C-thru Lipglass from MAC.