Summer Time is upon us and it’s ALL about that fresh, gleaming, gorgeous skin. I’ve been on the lookout for highlighters and Illuminators and have narrowed down the search to these Top 5 favourites of mine :
1. Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Gold – There are 2 shades that come with this Smashbox highlighter: Gold & Pearl. I opted for Gold as I felt like it would work better with Medium to Darker Skin tones. The Highlight is quite translucent with a soft gold shimmer. I just love the wand. With just one click, you can immediately highlight your cheekbones. This Product actually won an Allure Beauty Award !
2. Revlon PhotoReady SkinLights in 100 Bare Light – There are 3 shades for this illuminator from Revlon : Bare Light, Pink Light and Bronze Light. I wasn’t in love with either Pink Light or Bronze light, but I instantly fell for Bare Light. This highlight is extremely light and can easily work great for day time. It works amazing with most skin tones and it isn’t overly pearly ! I love that this is quite sheer as you can see from my swatches. And because of its sheer texture you can easily mix this in with your regular FDT just to give your face a soft overall luminous glow.
3. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam – These come in 2 shades : Sunbeam and Gleam. Why is this on my list for Top 5 highlighters ? Well, for one thing, this is actually quite close to NARS Orgasm Illuminator for a quarter of the price ! Secondly, it has this absolutely fab golden peach tone that would totally transform you into an instant Bronze goddess even if you’ve had the slightest tan. Works best with peach and coral blushes.
4. MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel – These are available in 2 shades : Pink Rebel and Sun Rush. I initially bought these from a MAC PRO store but I believe these are now part of MAC’s regular range. This is a lovely pink champagne in a soft gold finish. The texture is quite smooth but the colour payoff is quite strong, I guess there’s a reason why they’re called Lustre Drops, as you need just a drop or two !
5. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl – This is a warm pearly iridescent shimmer. The one that I’ve posted is a sample size but the actual sized product is in a twist-up tube. I honestly never like pearly tones on skin, but this one….this one is just LUSH ! It leaves a soft gold sheen and has this really sweet bubble gum scent to it.